Do most of the companies avoid you, for you are 40 and a little too old for a job? Just let them!
Here are 10 things you can do.
- Replace ‘need’ with ‘want’. Decide on what you want to do rather than what you need to do now.
- Let your resume look ‘forward’ and not serve as a ‘rewind’ button. Let your resume speak about what all you want to do here on.
- Don’t be bothered if you get interviewed by someone younger than you.
- Highlight your qualities that are generally associated with young dudes.
- Learn latest technology. I don’t want you to be a Technova but then it’s always good to be an oldie who knows it all… ipod, ipad, glaxytab.
- Follow the 4F Approach- ‘Find Fortitude In Family & Friends’. They will provide you the courage to overcome initial rejections.
- Experiment. Be open to try out something new. You can help a young professional in some complex task, you expertise in.
- He who has health, has hope. So, be healthy both- mentally and physically.
- Self employment is the best employment at this age. With your experience, sell your expertise with your own consulting firm. And, trust me you will earn much more than your colleagues!
- Give back to the society. Get engaged in social work. It would help you with correct networking.
As Mark Twain said, “Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.”